A career in the field of art and design covers a spectrum of exciting options; you could build a career in jewellery making, ceramics, sculpture, illustration or fabric design and printing.
Your understanding of design principles could see you take on work in a range of related industries including galleries, museums and theatres, fashion and photography or in art departments for film and television productions.
This new course explores a broad range of art and design related subjects including drawing, photography, printmaking and 3D studies. You’ll undertake several projects that combine a range of skills and require problem-solving, teamwork and creative thinking.
|Credits:||Up to 24 Credits|
|Duration:||This is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||Residential block courses|
What you learn:
- Drawing methods for sculpture and design
- Drawing methods for paint and art works
- Creative wearable art
- Understanding of different media methods
- Selecting photography for art and news
- Visual communication
- Prop making
- Art curators
- Gallery worker
- Commercial Illustration
- Clothing design
Further Study Options:
- Certificate in Design – Level 4
- Diploma in Photography Imaging
- Bachelor of Design
- Check out the 2018 Programme PDF Guide here!
- Talk to your school Trades Academy co-ordinator or careers advisor