New for 2021 – This course follows on from Conservation and Earthcare Level 2. Please note students who did not take the level 2 course are still eligible to apply for the level 3 course.
Conservation and Earthcare Level 3 provides students with the opportunity to be agents of change by leading a major year long sustainability project. At the beginning of the year students are posed with a future sustainability issue. The future sustainability focus for 2021 is protecting our endemic biodiversity. Students will work collaboratively in project teams to take action and target the sustainability issue while gaining a range of industry specific skills and qualifications, including but not limited to; pest monitoring and control, bushcraft, health and safety, resource management and sustainability practices.
Throughout the course students will have the opportunity to partake in authentic, meaningful, hands on learning experiences whilst working alongside industry experts.
Conservation and Earthcare Level 3 challenges students to be curious, to be innovative, to be part of the change and to be part of the future.
|Duration:||This is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||9am - 3pm Fridays|
|Provider||Papa Taiao Earthcare and Greymouth High School|
What you learn:
- The purpose and impacts of rural pest animal operations
- How to prepare for and carry out rural pest animal population survey monitoring
- How to prepare and use traps to control rural pest animals
- Concepts of sustainability and improving future problems
- How to collaborate and work effectively
- Weather interpretation and land based navigation skills
- Workplace health and safety
- Conservation Ranger
- Biosecurity Officer
- Field Technician
- Environmental Scientist
- Resource Manager
- Sustainability Practitioner
- Pest Operations
Further study options:
- Certificate in Conservation
- Certificate in Land Based Sustainability
- Certificate in Pest Management
- Certificate in Pest Operations
- Diploma in Environment and Sustainability
- Diploma in Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Environment and Society
- Bachelor of Business in Sustainable Enterprise