This course follows on from Conservation and Earthcare Year 2. Please note students who did not take the level 2 course are still eligible to apply for the Year 3 course.
Conservation and Earthcare Year 3 provides students with the opportunity to be agents of change by leading a major year long sustainability project. At the beginning of the year students investigate local sustainability issues. The focus for 2022is protecting New Zealand’s taonga (treasured) species. Students will work collaboratively in teams. You will take action to protect a species close to you while gaining a range of industry specific skills and qualifications in pest monitoring and pest control, bushcraft, health and safety, resource management and sustainability practices.
Throughout the course students will have the opportunity to design and lead authentic, meaningful, hands on learning experiences while working alongside industry experts.
Conservation and Earthcare Year 3 challenges students to be curious, to be innovative, to be part of the change and to be part of the future.
|Credits:||25+ credits at Level 3|
|Provider||Papa Taiao Earthcare and Greymouth High School|
What you will learn:
- The purpose and impacts of rural pest animal operations
- How to prepare for and carry out rural pest animal population survey monitoring
- How to prepare and use traps to control rural pest animals
- Concepts of sustainability and improving future problems
- How to collaborate and work effectively
- Weather interpretation and land based navigation skills
- Workplace health and safety
- Conservation Ranger
- Biosecurity Officer
- Field Technician
- Environmental Scientist
- Resource Manager
- Sustainability Practitioner
- Pest Operations
Further study options:
- Certificate in Conservation
- Certificate in Land Based Sustainability
- Certificate in Pest Management
- Certificate in Pest Operations
- Diploma in Environment and Sustainability
- Diploma in Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Environment and Society
- Bachelor of Business in Sustainable Enterprise