You will have the opportunity to lead small groups in outdoor education activities.
Underpinning the curriculum is the development of crucial personal and social development skills transferable to any vocational pathway and any job.
Completion of Adventure Tourism Leadership Level 2 is a prerequisite for enrolling on Level 3.
|Duration:||This is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||4 Residential block courses|
|Provider||Whenua Iti Outdoors|
What you learn:
- Leadership and communication skills
- Create a personal bush survival kit and learn bush survival skills
- Search and rescue procedures
- Knowledge of Tikanga and kawa of local iwi or hapu as it applies to the environment
- Environmental sustainability principals
- Operate under a framework of kaitiakitanga whilst participating in outdoor adventure activities
- Adventure tourism guide
- Outdoor instructor
- Health and education programming
- Youth education training
Further Study Options:
- West Coast Trades Academy Outdoor Leadership Level 3
- Certificate in Outdoor Education Level 4