Here’s an opportunity to challenge yourself at a higher level in an exciting environment and enhance your teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
You will build your technical skills operating in the bush, rock, whitewater and alpine environments. It will also give you a sneak preview to the higher level Outdoor Education programmes at Tai Poutini Polytechnic.
You will be instructed by Tai Poutini Polytechnic Diploma students under the supervision of experienced outdoor education tutors.
The programme will be delivered in block programmes of between 4 to 5 days at a time where students will go to a learning location for their training such as the Arnold River for kayaking, Temple Basin for mountaineering, and the Abel Tasman National Park for sea kayaking with their outdoor tutors.
|Duration:||This is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||5 Residential block courses|
|Provider||Tai Poutini Polytechnic|
What you learn:
Transferable skills such as enhanced:
- Risk Management
Specific skills such as:
- Lead climbing
- Alpine expedition travel
- Whitewater rescue
- Community health and education programming
- Adventure tourism guide
- Education and outdoor recreation training
- Youth education training
- Outdoor instruction
Further Study Options:
- Certificate in Outdoor Education (Level 4)
- Diploma in Outdoor Instruction and Guiding (Level 5)
- Diploma in Ecotourism (Level 5)
- Bachelor of Sustainability and Outdoor Education (Level 7)
- National Diploma in Business (Level 5)
- Check out the 2018 Programme PDF Guide here!
- Talk to your school Trades Academy co-ordinator or careers advisor