PLUS you will get the opportunity to achieve a KIWI HOST Applied Services Concepts and Retail Sales and Service Certificate!
You will learn about how to manage customers in a number of settings such as cafes, tourism businesses and the retail sector. There are a range of options within the programme for you to choose which area you wish to focus such as tourism, retail or hospitality.
We will provide you with key skills that are required by employees such as health and safety, developing sales skills and how to provide a high level of customer service.
The programme will provide students with practical situations to practice their learning and work-based placements will be a key part of the programme. There are a wide range of training opportunities in services such as tourism, hospitality, retail, hairdressing, chef training or business administration.
This programme provides you with a range of learning experiences in service sector roles so you can decide what career path you wish to pursue.
|Duration:||34 weeks per year, this is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||Friday 9am – 3pm|
|Provider||Tai Poutini Polytechnic|
What you learn:
- Customer service techniques
- Personal presentation for the work place
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Barista skills
- Front of house skills
- Food and beverage knowledge
- Customer service in a hair salon
- Office administrator
- Retail assistant
- Call centre operator
- Café worker
- Trainee chef
- Travel consultant
- Tourism guide
- Trainee beautician
- Trainee hairdresser
Further Study Options:
- NZ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 3)
- NZ Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
- National Certificate in Business Administration and Computing (Level 3)
- National Certificate in Tourism (Level 3)
- National Certificate in Retail (Level 2)
- Certificate in Outdoor Education (Level 4)
- Check out the 2018 Programme PDF Guide here!
- Talk to your school Trades Academy co-ordinator or careers advisor