Each block course is run from a different location, immersing you in the tourism industry within Nelson, Golden Bay, Marlborough and the West Coast! You will hear from real tourists about their experiences of travel and listen to and work with employers to learn about the unique attractions operating in each of the regions.
You will practice and develop the key skills that are required to be a success in the tourism industry.
|Duration:||This is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||Residential block courses|
|Provider||Whenua Iti Outdoors|
What you learn:
- Meet leading tourism operators
- Develop high level communication skills
- How to apply cross cultural communication skills with visitors
- How to work in a team in a tourism workplace
- Tourism Manager
- Tour leader/guide
- Hotel manager
- Cultural interpreter
- Travel consultant
- Start your own tourism business
Further Study Options:
- Manaaki Tapoi Level 3
- Outdoor Leadership Level 3
- NZ Diploma in Management
- Certificate in Outdoor Leadership Level 4
- Check out the 2018 Programme PDF Guide here!
- Talk to your school Trades Academy co-ordinator or careers advisor