This is a new innovative programme from Tai Poutini Polytechnic and Kiwi IT company Fusion, co-creating digital learning to prepare you for the 21st century digital workforce.
Once a week you will attend your computer programming and web design course at Tai Poutini Polytechnic in Greymouth, plus you are invited to attend a planned work experience programme when you reach year 2 and 3 of the programme.
This joint delivery of our programme is intended to provide you with engaging and tactile and practical training with a real pathway to employment.
Students that excel in the 3 year course, will be invited to apply for the full Fusion Intern Pathway, becoming employed by Fusion part-time whilst they continue onto approved tertiary training in Technology Diplomas aligned with Fusion. You will be mentored and personally trained by the Fusion team, gaining invaluable practical experience improving their ability to gain future employment with Fusion or into the wider technology industry.
|Credits:||Up to 50 credits|
|Duration:||34 weeks per year, this is a 3 year programme|
|Timetable:||Friday 9am - 3pm: Year 1|
Thursday 9am - 3pm: Year 2 and 3
|Provider||Tai Poutini Polytechnic|
What you learn:
- Knowledge of a personal computer system
- Managing and protection of data
- Creating a website
- Creating simple computer programs to a set brief
- Understanding local area network technologies
- Real work place experience
- Paid internship with Fusion
- Computer support technician
- Web developer
- Web designer
- Database/systems administrator
- Software architect
- Network engineer
- Project manager
Further Study Options:
- NZ Certificate in Information Technology Essentials Level 4
- NZ Diploma in Information Technology Technical Support Level 5
- NZ Diploma in Web Development and Design Level 5
- NZ Diploma in Systems Administration Level 6