Based in and around Nelson and the Abel Tasman, this residential course gives you experience in a range of skills.
From mountain biking to rock climbing, kayaking to bush craft skills, you will develop your personal leadership style, improve your communication skills and learn how to develop a team in an adventure setting.
This programme is an excellent pathway to the West Coast Trades Academy Level 3 Certificate in Outdoor Leadership. If you are excited at the thought of a career in the outdoors and maybe want to travel whilst doing an exciting and rewarding job, this course is for you!
|Duration:||This is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||4 Residential block courses|
|Provider||Whenua Iti Outdoors|
What you learn:
- Sea kayaking expedition leadership
- Leading groups in caving
- High ropes and rock climbing techniques
- Mountain safety skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Adventure tourism guide
- Outdoor instructor
- Health and education programming
- Youth education training
Further Study Options:
- West Coast Trades Academy Outdoor Leadership Level 3
- Certificate in Outdoor Education Level 4
- Check out the 2018 Programme PDF Guide here!
- Talk to your school Trades Academy co-ordinator or careers advisor