Your training will focus on search and rescue, sea survival, emergency services and civil defence training in a variety of awesome yet challenging locations from the mountains to the sea. You will experience simulated rescue exercises, help a marine vessel in trouble and find out what it is really like to be a paramedic, police officer and fire fighter.
Each week you will stay on location, immersed in your training. This course is practical, active, engaging and fun!
|Duration:||This is a 1 year programme|
|Timetable:||Residential block courses|
|Provider||Whenua Iti Outdoors|
What you learn:
- Bush survival skills
- Emergency care
- Search and rescue procedures
- Team work
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Emergency services
- Search and rescue
- Police officer
- Fire fighter
- Civil defence training
Further Study Options:
- Positions within the New Zealand Armed Forces
- Certificate in Emergency Management
- Check out the 2018 Programme PDF Guide here!
- Talk to your school Trades Academy co-ordinator or careers advisor